Duration : 4 Semesters (Two Years)
For admission in M.Sc, students having qualification of 3 year course in Biological Sciences and Physical Sciences.
M.Sc Degree Course in Microbiology
ABOUT THE COURSE
The field of Microbiology covers many others such as Bacteriology, Virology, Mycology and Parasitology and medical microbiologists identify the agents of infectious diseases & devise ways to combat them. Those who complete a Ph.D. and/or Post-Doctoral studies after getting scholarships through GRE or TOEFL may find microbiology jobs at foreign universities or Research and Development (R&D) wings of major pharmaceutical companies. Research opportunities in urban disease control, formulation research, clinical research, analytical development and new drug development are exploding too, with major companies investing in R&D. One can always teach, though it’s advantageous to have a doctorate for such a path. Self-employed microbiologists can set up their own laboratories.
CAREER SCOPE :
- “Job outlook for Microbiologist is positive.”
- At present, the scientific, analytical and problem-solving skills developed by microbiology graduates are high in demand by employers.
- There are various options available to you after studying for a Microbiology degree.
- You can choose to stay in education & do a master degree or Ph.D. in microbiology. Whether you can decide to enter the job market after graduation degree.
- You can work in both governments as well as in private sectors. Microbiologists are mostly demanded in the UK, US, France, Australia, and Germany.
- With a degree in microbiology, you can get opportunities in various fields like healthcare organizations, forensic science laboratories, environmental organizations, higher education institutions, food and drink, publicly funded research organizations, pharmaceuticals and many other industries.
- In the medicine and healthcare field, your work is usually associated with prevention & treatment of illnesses linked with microbes.
- Various universities & Institutions employ microbiologists as teachers & researchers.
MSc : Microbiology Syllabus
Semester 1 to 4